PTFC Players and Families,
We hope everyone is remaining healthy and safe.
Since we last communicated with our membership there have been continuous developments related to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and the public health concern.
The North Carolina Youth Soccer Association has set June 1st as the hopeful date to return to play (both training and games). The NCYSA Executive Board will continue to monitor if the “return to play” date is safe to start June 1st, or if further extensions need to occur. NCYSA has also set a date of July 12th for the spring season to conclude.
At this point, PTFC is planning to resume soccer programming on June 1st. Our goal to return to the field remains the same, and we hope to provide an enjoyable experience when you return. The number one objective for our club is to fulfill our responsibility to our membership and complete the spring league games. This will be PTFC's number one focus once the delay is lifted. As more information is made available we will immediately share it with you. Once again, our hope and goal is to resume with league play matches once we receive the green light.
Please note these important dates as we prepare to return to action:
* June 1st (NCYSA date in which practices and league play will be re-instated)
* June 15th - 16th (PTFC tryouts for 11U - 12U boys and girls)
* June 17th - 18th (PTFC Youth Academy Tryouts 10U - 8U)
* June 22nd - 25th (PTFC Tryouts 13U - 19U boys, and 13U - 15U girls)
* June 28th - (Last date for promotion/relegation within NCYSA league play)
* July 12th - (Last play-date for league play)
* Players are registered through August 31st, 2020, therefore, our teams may choose to continue to play past the July 12th date.
Our PTFC staff has been working throughout the break to provide the best experience possible for our soccer family, while still planning for everyone to return to everyday life, and to the soccer pitch. Home-based training sessions have been posted on our PTFC YouTube Channel. Skills challenges are posted twice weekly to Facebook and Instagram, #PTFCProud. Thank you to all our players and coaches who have answered the challenges and posted their skillful videos!
Finally, a new turf field has been installed at Ivey Redmond Sports Complex, and is ready for action once play resumes. It looks fantastic!
While the pandemic has interrupted our lives, soccer will help to reunite us! We look forward to seeing everyone on the field as soon as possible.