A scholarship program was established by the Board of Directors of the Piedmont Soccer Alliance in 1987. The purpose is to recognize and honor members of the Piedmont Triad FC who have excelled in area high school soccer and plan to attend college. The following one time scholarships will be awarded this year to area high school seniors by PSA:
The following criteria will apply:
1) All applicants must be on a current Piedmont Triad FC competitive soccer team.
2) An official high school transcript of grades and SAT and/or ACT scores must accompany this application.
3) Two letters of references must be submitted in sealed envelopes with the application. It is recommended that one reference be completed by a present or former teacher.
4) A small picture must accompany the application.
5) A one time grant will be made to the chosen institution to defray the cost of tuition or room and board at an accredited institution of higher learning.
6) Winners will be chosen on the basis of academic achievement, service to school and community, and leadership in interscholastic and competitive league sports.
7) Selection of the scholarship winners will be made by a board of judges impaneled by the Piedmont Soccer Alliance. The decision of the judges is final and may not be appealed in any manner.
8) Applications must be postmarked no later than May 17, 2020 for consideration.
9) Winners will be notified by phone. The Piedmont Soccer Alliance reserves the right to use the names of the winners for publicity and promotional purposes only.
10) All applicants must include all requested items or will not be considered.